You only have one set of teeth, and when they are gone, that is it. This is why the staff at Clarkson North Dental & Dentistry In The Village want their valued patients to know how important dental health truly is. But there is more! Patients should also keep their mouth healthy because it can impact overall health in many significant ways. Here are some additional details about why your oral health is so important and how you can take steps to improve yours every day.
What Does It Mean To Have Good Oral Health?
Having good oral health means that when you are finished brushing and flossing, your mouth, teeth, gums, and tongue will be clean, free from signs of infection, and fresh smelling. Some other examples of good oral condition are:
- There are no food particles between teeth or trapped between gums and cheeks.
- Gums do not bleed or hurt when you brush or floss.
- Tissues are a nice healthy pink color and not white, red, or brown.
- Breath smells clean and fresh.
- There are no open sores, wounds, or raised areas in your mouth or on the surface of your teeth.
- Teeth are cleaned regularly and examined by a dentist every 6 months.
Why Good Oral Health Is Important
According to recent studies, damaged teeth and bad oral hygiene can often lead to other problems like depression and anxiety. Experts have also linked poor oral health with other dangerous diseases like Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart disease, low birth weight, osteoporosis, and other health problems. Consequently, improving oral health can often bring about a positive change that could also impact the state of your overall health.
Additional Reasons Why Keeping Your Mouth Healthy Matters
As described above, there are many important reasons why patients should maintain good oral health. Keeping your mouth healthy can let you keep your teeth instead of ending up with a mouth full of dentures. Good oral health can also mean having functional teeth, as well as being able to smile with confidence and comfort. The presence of teeth greatly improves your speech and a pleasant smile enhances your personality. So unless you want a mouth full of dentures, we recommend you start practicing good hygiene as soon as possible!
Tips To Improve Oral Health
One of the great parts about your oral health is that it is simple to maintain. Here are some easy ways you can improve your oral health starting today:
1) Brush and floss after each meal.
2) Use fluoride mouthwash at least once a day.
3) Chew sugar-free gum if you can’t brush.
4) Limit sugars, fruit juices, and coffee drinks.
5) Drink at least eight glasses of water per day.
6) See a dentist for check-ups and cleanings every six months.
Come To Clarkson North Dental & Dentistry In The Village To Improve Your Oral Health
Are you looking to improve your oral health? If so, dental implants could be the answer. Need to know more about how to take advantage of this amazing tooth replacement option? Please feel free to check out the rest of our informative Dental Implants InfoSite or call one of our helpful staff members for more information. Today is a great day to improve your smile and restore your self-confidence with beautiful dental implants from Clarkson North Dental & Dentistry In The Village.